Dumb as a box of rocks

I backed up my new TT XLS using TT Home. Was looking around tthome, along with reading thru this, and other forums. Was reading about the car icons in a post, so I went to tthome, checked them out, now there on my TT and I seem to have lost my compass arrow as it was when I got it. Now instead of the compass icon in my tt menu, I have the car icon. I went in thru tthome and deleted all the cars except the default arrow. Still no compass icon. I do have a smaller arrow showing direction, and the compass heading showing in degrees in the status bar. But I would like it back the way it was. I looked all over my computer, cant find the files etc. for tt backup. If I go and restore my tt thru home it says it first deletes all files, then copies the back up files, what if there are no back up files ?!?!
Any suggestions, is there anywhere to get a virgin download for the XLS.

If you updated your firmware to Navcore 8, the compass functionality present in Navcore 7 was eliminated and the compass now just points north. With 8.3, some of 7's functionality was returned in that you can see the direction and degrees you are driving on the status bar.

Maybe, it's that you are experiencing.

I did upgrade, so this is the newer version of the compass? If that`s the only thing that changed, I guess I can live with that. Is there a way to get the old version back, I`m still afraid theres nothing in my back up file in tt home. I can`t find anything on my computer

Thanks, I guess leave "well enough alone" applies here.
I still have to deal with the back up files, another day

Ask a Question