Downloadable Maps -No longer Downloadable

Status
Not open for further replies.
All set.... you have your link. Sorry for asking you so many times which map. busy tonight.

And thank you for being the first out of a LOT of people to make the request here instead of just thru PM. This is legal folks... no need to hide. If you don't have a valid code, this download is useless to you.

Ask away on the forum.... fanchee is here to help too if I'm not online. And if I'm not online... your PM goes unaswered... :)

Download via FTP client available now too

For those of you that want to download overnight while you sleep you can use your favorite FTP client and I'll give you the info to get to the site, select all, and auto download while you rest away from your computer.

There's MANY free ftp clients out there... if you need help with that I can manage that too. If anyone is having serious technical issues (with anything, not just help installing maps) there's a pretty neat site that allows remote desktop sharing... http://www.logmein.com and it's free! I'll offer my services to set you up with an ftp client and help you download... configure your TT through HOME, or whatever...

Last edited:
Can you send a link to just the satellite imagery files? That's all I really need. Thanks.

Any "guests" to this site... please don't bother trying to PM me, the Admins have blocked that. You need to register to use this site. I've been seeing a LOT of guests trying to send me PMs. Won't happen. If you want a link, register and help contribute to this great site Jason and John put together for us.

Really appriciate all the time and effort you put into this site. I got my activation code and if possible would like to get the download.
Thanks
Gary
Your link may have expired. Let me know if you can no longer access and I will rest you.

There's about 3 or 4 of you out there I hope to hear from saying you're done...

It's rather simple really. You ask for a link, I provide instructions and in return I ask that you let me know that you are done. If it's taking longer than you had thought, just provide me an update. The links I provide are being logged. If you share your link and your buddy uses it, you get booted from the link because someone else logged into it. I get an email, and you both lose the link. Don't PM me asking for another one. Don't sign up with another account asking for a new link... it's all being logged! This has lead the a new rule. (see below).

New rule.
You must have a minimum of 5 posts to get a link. No more "Newbies" registering just to send me a PM for a link and to never be heard from again. Those of you who have done that, make me curious if you really have a valid activation code. (otherwise I would have made it all public links, but I don't want to be the cause of license agreement infractions)

This was a service I was providing for my fellow TTer's who are impatiently waiting for their ordered DVDs. I'm trying to do something nice, on my own time, and my own dime. Please, just keep me posted.

I won't have TomTom raise an eyebrow at me for trying to help out the legitimate TT orders placed vs the ones looking for cracks. If this gets abused, I'll remove all access.

Sorry for venting but all it takes is one "bad apple".... and TomTom DOES visit this site regularly!

Last edited:
Im just hope outside users are taking advantage of this.
I hope they aren't downloading your maps and selling their sealed maps on ebay like I've seen already. If you search on ebay, there are a few peeps selling their sealed maps. I don't know why they would want to sell it unless they are downloading it from somewhere else. People are actually bidding for the items too.

I have had my TomTom Rider since Christmas and I just got my new maps this week. I install a two GB card and install the "North America" map without any trouble.

I have not seen any information about the satellite imagery files that came on the DVD. What are they used for? Do they only work on a certain model?:confused:

They work on all models. If you look towards the bottom of HOME you can install them. I think they are just image overlays.... I believe they are updated just like the maps are.

battom is taking the day off

I have had litterally about 12 hours of sleep all week. I will not be on today (Sunday Feb 4, 2007) after this post. If you need a link, post here or PM fanchee.

The rules still follow!

I'm going to go bang my head against the wall until I give myself a concussion and passout....

OK either everyone has given me 2 days off.... or the new rule I put in place to request a link has stopped all the freeloaders...

I'll leave the MAPS on the server. I have plenty of room and quite enough bandwith. If TomTom offers new maps via DVD again, I'll be hosting those too for you, once I get mine.

I hope my helping paid off for you all. For those who tried to scam me...sorry. It's not a personal thing. I just don't want TomTomforums.com or myself in any sort of legal issues regarding these MAPS. Spend the $6 now to get your code activated and whip me a note. You spend the $$ (at tomtom.com not with me) and your code WILL WORK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question