Download New Maps or Wait

I really like the idea of Mapshare and know that I require V. 6.75....my question is should I drop the $100 and get updated maps or wait for the V. 7 maps to become available. Does anyone know a rough time when they may be out. I would hate to spend that much money and then 3-4 months later a newer/better version is out.

I really like the idea of Mapshare and know that I require V. 6.75....my question is should I drop the $100 and get updated maps or wait for the V. 7 maps to become available. Does anyone know a rough time when they may be out. I would hate to spend that much money and then 3-4 months later a newer/better version is out.

DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YET!

Right now mapshare "works" with 6.75 in that you can send updates, but no one has received a single update since navcore 7 has came out. So basically there is no need to pay until we are actually getting updates.

Hold tight for awhile....I'm sure myself and others will make huge postings once mapshare is finally working how it should....until then save your $

I just downloaded Home 2.x today and when I clicked on the Mapshare button, it prompted me to download map corrections. I also got new POI's and sent a map correction I made to them.

So I think I received some corrections. I don't know how to check what they were for. Any idea how? It might be for Moosejaw, Canada, (nothing against our Canadian friends - just don''t get up there much) so it'd be cool to see what the updates did.

Some owners of map v6.65 have questioned TomTom regarding updating maps and have been told that v6.75 is virtually identical.

I'd wait and see.

I don't even have the option of purchasing via HOME lol. I see region maps but not full US and Canada maps.

Ask a Question