Does Voice Recognition work????

my voice recognition doesn't recognize ANYTHING i say!!!! It'll ask for city, I say "Houston" it either doesn't recognize it at all or give me "Centerville" as options... I tried a ton of different cities and a bunch of different people tried, it just does NOT recognize speech!

Anyone have an idea what's wrong?
Thanks

What's the version of your map? (tap the satellite bars to see the FIRMWARE version. Tap the version number to see the MAP version and build).

Some earlier versions of the 7.10 map did not have the required csspeech files in the NA map folder.

In any event follow the instructions in the 'sticky' prepared by Pedro. Go here.

my voice recognition doesn't recognize ANYTHING i say!!!! It'll ask for city, I say "Houston" it either doesn't recognize it at all or give me "Centerville" as options... I tried a ton of different cities and a bunch of different people tried, it just does NOT recognize speech!

Anyone have an idea what's wrong?
Thanks

I have a new 930T with the 8.15 map and Voice Recognition does not work. It opens but then fails.

Computer voices don't work either. I have tried a couple and get no sound on Test or while driving.

Very confused.

You mean you CAN select a computer voice but you hear nothing? If so, try a pin reset. If that doesn't help, can you load a mp3 file and hear that? Just trying to ascertain if the speaker is shot on your unit.

Ask a Question