Voice recognition does not work

Hi,

I have just received my new TomTom 730 and can not get voice recognition function to work.

I have downloaded newest map, copied all cspeech_XXX.dat files to Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB folder, checked that asr folder contains support_asr.dat file containing only 1 without anything else, selected computer voice. Still VR is grayed out.

Any ideas on how can I make it working?

Are you sure one of the csspeech files is csspeech__NO.dat for Norway?

Have you selected Norway as the country to plan a route?

Have you selected a computer voice using the unit, not Home?

Have you tried a pin reset?

I'm going to attach the support file BUT rename it support_asr.dat

I had to call it support_asr.txt because of this Board's limitation on file types to attach. Overwrite your file in the asr folder with it.

Attachments

• support_asr.txt
    1 bytes · Views: 310
Thanks a lot for fast responce!

Now I see the problem - in the map update I have downloaded today (v830.2305) there is no cspeech file for Norway (on device as it came there was only Sweden). When I select other contry - everything works. So, I just need to find file for Norway...

Well, I don't know how to tell you this.........

But I also have a Western_Europe (830) map and it does NOT appear to come with a csspeech.dat file for Norway either .....

You may be out of luck.....

In fact, have you selected a computer voice? I'm not even sure you can get text to speech for Norway! Hope i'm wrong.

Indeed. As I can see from my Internet search, in earlier versions of W&CE map there were much more countries, including csspeech_NOR.dat. Perhaps, later versions started to grow over 2 GB space, so some smaller contries were sacrificed. I had hard time trying to fit all csspeech files on device when worked on that problem.

Well, anyway typing is more reliable way to enter address :)

Well, that's not the point.........

If you can somehow find the .dat file for Norway, you could remove the speech file for a country you aren't planning to visit soon.

I'd call support and see what they have to say since that model IS supposed to have TTS capabilities.

Ask a Question