does TT have a Garmin-Lock like feature?

I really like the idea of a PIN for my Auto GPS. and I really like the description of the Garmin Lock (PIN and ability to reset it), especially since in my city, things get stolen quite often.

Does the TT 720 (what I'm eying right now for a 1st time GPS purchase) have a security feature similar to Garmin Lock?

If not, does anyone know of a tweak to the system to put onto a TT a PIN-lock?

Thanks for any feedback!

Yes it does have a feature like that. I don't have the unit on me right now, but under preferences there is an option to Set Owner. You have to do this through the Virtual TomTom in HOME to set the PIN though.

thank you for pointing out "set owner" to me - I didn't know about that.

The UK 720 Manual online (since the US version on TT.com isn't available at present), suggests you set your pin with your Home address.

Being ever paranoid (the sickness of the urbanite), I think I will instead create Faux address as my home address, for the purpose of creating a PIN.

And then, for my real home address, creating a POI.

My fear: a friend of mine had his GPS-NAV stolen (can't recall what braind). A few days later, his house was broken into to. The thought (and fear) is that the thief used the "home" function on the GPS-NAV to find my friend's home. Thus, in anticipation of my unit possibly being stolen, I want to take every step possible to make my unit anonymous from me.

Ask a Question