Does TomTom stay in Proclip or fall out?

I have purchased the Proclip hardwire mount for my Go 720 but haven't installed it yet. I purchased Item # 274006. It arrived in the mail and I'm feeling that the mounting is really not well designed in terms of keeping the tomtom in the mount. I haven't attached this to my car yet because I'm thinking of returning it. It seems that there is basically nothing to keep the thing from bouncing out of the mount if you hit a bump or if there is vibration. It's just not a very secure attachement mechanism.

Has anyone else had any experience with the Proclip mounts and how secure they are? The only mounts that would be relevant would be those that provide power to the TomTom. The other mounts have a different mounting mechanism.

thanks
Scott

I have the proclip for my 720 and it holds it in VERY tight.

So much so that it is hard to remove it. (which I am fine with)

Are you sure you are pushing it in all the way? I know on my first attempt to use it I had to push very hard to make it clip in and then it got a bit easier as time went on.

D.

Are you sure you are pushing it in all the way? I know on my first attempt to use it I had to push very hard to make it clip in and then it got a bit easier as time went on.

D.
Thanks. Much to my surprise I tried pushing it much harder and it snapped firmly in place. I feel a little silly posting something like this when it was operator error. It does seem to require a good push. Thanks for saying so! It was the inspiration I needed. Now I have my weekend project cut out for me! thanks Scott

Ask a Question