Does 8.010 break traffic for you?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
Prior to my upgrade to 8.010, I was having no problems accessing my 30 day trial subscription to TomTom traffic via my Palm Treo 680.

Since the upgrade, while other services (weather, download POI, QuickGPSfix) still work fine (so I'm still able to transfer data via my phone w/o problems), every time I try to access traffic data I get the following error message:

TomTom Traffic
An error occurred on the
TomTom server. Please try
again.

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!

TGIF

Could it be as simple as their traffic server is down? We know TomTom's servers tend to be as flakey as all get out at times.

I had exactly the same problem. I don't know if it was coincidental, however, after installing 8.010 Traffic failed with the same error message, but Weather worked. What was weird is the following:

1) Traffic worked intermittently using HOME TO WORK or WORK TO HOME.
2) Bluetooth connection to cell phone was intermittent
3) So, I reinstalled 7.221, I still had the problem. I noted the following advice on another site that said to connect the GO to TTHOME, and using the emulator go to Preferences | Edit Plus Account, and enter your details: username and password
4) After keying in my password in #3 above, TTHome hung up. I clicked DONE and exited TTHome
5) I restarted my 920 out of the cradle and created a new Route and updated TRAFFIC. I got prompted for my username and password again, from the GO. I REENTERED username and password on the GO, and everything is now working fine!!!!

Hope this helps, it was driving me NUTS!

Prior to my upgrade to 8.010, I was having no problems accessing my 30 day trial subscription to TomTom traffic via my Palm Treo 680.

Since the upgrade, while other services (weather, download POI, QuickGPSfix) still work fine (so I'm still able to transfer data via my phone w/o problems), every time I try to access traffic data I get the following error message:

TomTom Traffic
An error occurred on the
again.

Thanks!

TGIF

8.010 is gone

8.010 no longer show up during Update My Go as of this evening. It was there yesterday

=====================

TomTom Traffic
An error occurred on the
again.

Thanks!

TGIF

I had exactly the same problem. I don't know if it was coincidental, however, after installing 8.010 Traffic failed with the same error message, but Weather worked. What was weird is the following:

1) Traffic worked intermittently using HOME TO WORK or WORK TO HOME.
2) Bluetooth connection to cell phone was intermittent
3) So, I reinstalled 7.221, I still had the problem. I noted the following advice on another site that said to connect the GO to TTHOME, and using the emulator go to Preferences | Edit Plus Account, and enter your details: username and password
4) After keying in my password in #3 above, TTHome hung up. I clicked DONE and exited TTHome
5) I restarted my 920 out of the cradle and created a new Route and updated TRAFFIC. I got prompted for my username and password again, from the GO. I REENTERED username and password on the GO, and everything is now working fine!!!!

Hope this helps, it was driving me NUTS!

That seems to have fixed things for me too.

When I went into Prefs/TomTom Account, an extra character had been added to my user name which was messing things up.

It would be nice if the error message said something useful like "Invalid Account Login" instead of "Server Error".

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

TGIF

What's weird is that Weather worked fine... so I thought I had a good connection and login... led me to believe the problem was on the Server.

That seems to have fixed things for me too.

When I went into Prefs/TomTom Account, an extra character had been added to my user name which was messing things up.

It would be nice if the error message said something useful like "Invalid Account Login" instead of "Server Error".

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

TGIF

I am unable to access Preferences | Edit Plus Account on my 930 while using TT Home Go. It says it requires a phone...

I had it working with 7.211 for about a week using a Blackberry 8130 on Sprint ( apparently it has the data package, I got it thorugh work so I was surprised) then it had problems... I figured the network was down, I upgrade last weekend to 8.010 and reconfigured the TomTom 720 to think it was connecting to a Blackberry 8100 as I had done before and it seems to be working fine for a week... Though I have to admit I haven't run into much traffic on my 10 mile commute each day. The green traffic light stays green and every few minutes it updates.

Roy

Ask a Question