Dissatisfied customer

Hi I've had my 920T for about 68710km's 99% inside of Holland and i have a few gripes.

New maps - so i figured, why not get the new maps, there were quite a few places where the old map was incorrect, guess what the new map was/is just as bad, roads and roundabouts that have been there for years are not in it. I wrote to TomTom asking them for a list of map fixs I have had no reply, nice customer service... not.

Traffic alert - I bought it and it sucks, i find it very hard to trust anything it says relating to traffic, it's right 50% of the time at best, it regularly gives jams where there is no jam or on the other side of the road, obviously the routes avoiding heavy traffic are usually just as bloked, but it has no traffic info on them so it's impossible for it to give a best route now isn't it, the radio and your nose work better!

Updates - What can i say, well this has been the tipping point for me, the other stuff i have put up with but this has pushed me over the edge... this latest update grrrrrrr how can they use us as beta testers, obviously they don't test properly before they unload it onto us as i notice there are more than just a couple of people having sound problems. I can't hear my 920 anymore when on the motorway, below 80% i hear nothing, FAIL. the only positive change i have had was the lovely lane change arrows and that's it! besides that my 920 has become progressivly laggy with everyupdate.

Bah Humbug
Jim.

Just thought of another, the reset hole is right next to the traffic antenna hole...guess what happend lmao, twice... and the remote eats batteries.

So apart from those points i'm happy with the 920T it's still working at least, my next sat nav will be from another, market leaders get lazy.

I now understand why there is no link for feedback or suggestions in the pc Home software, which is also buggy btw.

Sound Tip TomTom 530

Under volume preferences the box 'Link volume to noise level' may be filled in. Blank this box and you get the full bodied sound you used to !

I've found similar experiences with the Bluetooth traffic in the US. Based on my experiences and posts here, it appears the Bluetooth traffic has a 10-15 minute delay. This can explain why you have all the bad-info issues.

You may want to try the LIVE / HD traffic system. In the US, the LIVE system covers more sidestreets, and it doesn't have the 15 minute delay. I would assume that the experience is similar worldwide.

Under volume preferences the box 'Link volume to noise level' may be filled in. Blank this box and you get the full bodied sound you used to !
the box isn't ticked, but then some of the others arn't but get ignored lol

my sound got back to normal after another problem surfaced which involved me doing a reset, so now my sound is fine thank you.

My 920 now reboots at random moments and repeatedly askes me to agree to the user agreement, which is most usefull.

but the sound is fine...

mvl said:
I've found similar experiences with the Bluetooth traffic in the US. Based on my experiences and posts here, it appears the Bluetooth traffic has a 10-15 minute delay. This can explain why you have all the bad-info issues.

You may want to try the LIVE / HD traffic system. In the US, the LIVE system covers more sidestreets, and it doesn't have the 15 minute delay. I would assume that the experience is similar worldwide.

I'm probably wrong but i assumed that there is no traffic info for side streets etc.. because there are no pressure sensors in the roads like there are on the highways every few hundred yards, (the ones that trigger the speed restriction notifications when traffic slows ahead due to traffic jam), i thought it was this information that they were tapping into.

my Tomtom experience took a turn for the worse recently when a gps fix did the oposite, i got no gps lockdown, so i had to reset, which didn't really help, so i rolled back to an earlyer backup and now i have random resets etc...

great!

TOMTOM should be treating us better

I have a 1 XL & was advised by a guy on the TOM TOM Techs to download the version Home 2. The result has been very displeasing to say the least. No British post codes( lost all existing ones) only Nederlands available. deleted the Nederlands post code because I'm never going there (with my Car) ---Downloaded British Post codes from wezipcodes or something or other 10.7 meg - still not funtioning correctly.
When these 'cleaver' people write a new programme to the web should it not improve the system youv'e bought- after all the GPS is only 3 years old next month. If I cannot get the thing right soon I'll cut my frustration and losses & buy a recon one with a full years Guarantee for ?86 odd quid & that will be that& if that fails I'll avoid TOM TOM. This unit has got some good points for intance it got me from UK to Ancona without a fault but since I upgraded the system it's gone haywire.
It told me to turn right yesterday on a straight road without a turn off & if I'd have took notice of it I'd have ended up in a field !!!!!!

Ask a Question