Display POI address?

Hi there!

Does anyone know how to display the address of a POI that has been entered by address previously? I put a bunch of POIs in my 920 by address. Since they are in a city, often I have to park a few blocks away and then walk to my destination, so I take the 920 with me. However, when I want to look at the address of where I'm going, I can't seem to get to any screen which shows that.

For example, if I go to browse map, find POI's in city, and select a category, I get a list of POI names. If I select a POI name, I get a little map and a phone number, but no address!

Help!

Thanks,

--Rob

Hi there!

Does anyone know how to display the address of a POI that has been entered by address previously? I put a bunch of POIs in my 920 by address. Since they are in a city, often I have to park a few blocks away and then walk to my destination, so I take the 920 with me. However, when I want to look at the address of where I'm going, I can't seem to get to any screen which shows that.

For example, if I go to browse map, find POI's in city, and select a category, I get a list of POI names. If I select a POI name, I get a little map and a phone number, but no address!

Help!

Thanks,

--Rob

When you first select the POI usually there is a Details button. Press that and you'll get the address.

When you first select the POI usually there is a Details button. Press that and you'll get the address.

Sadly, when I select the POI, the only buttons shown are Back, Dial, and Select. There's no Details button anywhere that I can find. Do you have any more detailed instructions to get to this elusive Details button?

Thanks,

--Rob

POIs that you add via the TomTom, as well as custom POIs created outside the TomTom, are stored using file format (OV2) that does not accomodate storing the address of a POI. Apparently though, there is a variation on the OV2 format that does allow addresses to be stored, since the Fire_stations.ov2 file that came with me Go 920 does contain addresses. I have tried opening this file with POIEdit, but get errors.

When you create a POI on the TomTom, it geocodes the address to a set of coordinates, which are stored along with the description you enter. What I have done to work around this in the POI lists I have created (externally) is to include the address in the description of the POI.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but I think it's the best you can do right now.

Ask a Question