TomTom Start Europe, display POI on map?

Hi All

New poster but I have lurked many times and found the info invaluable.

To replace the TomTom One UK which was stolen, I purchased a Start Europe because basically, I was lost without it.

Now to my horror, this one doesn't seem to allow you to display POIs on the map or have a facilty to warn you when you are near one.

Please tell me this is just something I've missed or I have to sell my lovely new Start with its cool mounting bracket thing and go back to a One ;)

Thanks if you can help

You've missed nothing, sadly.

All models with EasyMenu (which includes all models with a small 2 in the name) and the Start's have this menu and consequently significantly less user control.

Hi All
New poster but I have lurked many times and found the info invaluable.
To replace the TomTom One UK which was stolen, I purchased a Start Europe because basically, I was lost without it.
Now to my horror, this one doesn't seem to allow you to display POIs on the map or have a facilty to warn you when you are near one.
Please tell me this is just something I've missed or I have to sell my lovely new Start with its cool mounting bracket thing and go back to a One ;)
Thanks if you can help

Hi there,

Surprised to note that as someone who lurked many times on this forum (as you are saying there), not much research was done apparently before buying a new device.

Or was it a case of - "Got lost and found yourself in the neighbourhood of a shop that sells Sat Navs and had to buy something to get you back on known track" ?

Try Browse map

I have the xl350 with the easy menu. TomTom just updated a new navcore. If I choose "Browse map" then "Choose POIs" I can select POI's to be displayed on the map. There is a limit to how many different types that can be displayed but I don't know it.

The new options menu page 2 gives you "Manage POIs". You can select "Warn when near POI"

You will need to connect to TomTom Home and update your Application (Navcore). Be sure to back up your Start to a folder on your computer before you update.

Last edited:
I just posted a sticky, it appears the 9.150 upgrade is a brand new one, that returned many of the features previously lost on EasyMenu devices.

Ask a Question