POI Info when displayed on map. UI question.

I have a 140S / IQ Routes Edition. I am new and have a UI question.

When driving, I see that I can configure certain POI markers to show up on the map. Gas and a few others are default. So, what can I do with these? I tried tapping the icon in hopes of getting more info; maybe and address, name or option to navigate to the POI instead. What am I missing?

-John

You can navigate to poi. Then you have a choice of near you, on route, near destination. Once you select that, then you move to the category (of poi) screen to make your selection of what poi you want to get to.

In Browse map....tap a poi icon and information such as address and phone number (if stored in the data file) will appear.

Thanks.

I guess it would be nice if I could click a POI while in driving direction mode. I often just see a bunch of restaurants show up while I am on the road, but I can't tell if it's one that I would like to stop at.

Also, I see lots of "info" POI's, but can never figure out what they are ... even when I am right there at an intersection that is supposed to have such a POI.

Hi,

If I select 'browse map of route', and tap on the POI (which is the destination), it only shows the name of the POI, it does not show the phone number--even if the GPS has the phone# for that POI on file already.

If I do a search POI by city, once it finds the POI, it will always show the POI's phone number.

It also shows the phone number if I just do a 'browse map' only and tap on the same POI.

Is this a bug? Or something I missed?

Last edited:

Ask a Question