XXL550 POI Display Options?

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 550-TM
With Route Active, will the XXL 550 display selected POI list with distance update? Can a desired POI's detailed information be reviewed with screen touch?

An example is the listing of restaurant POI along route in table form with distance and relation to route. I can get the table when no route is active; the distance to the POI does not update; it is not possible to tell if POI is ahead or behind without going back to the map view.

On long cross-country trip, quick display of selected POIs with relevant distance and relation to route, operating hours and telephone number is helpful. Having to navigate several screens at 80 mph is not good.

TIA... Bill

The 550 series has reduced functionality due to its 'EasyMenu' inclusion.

That said, no model has a dynamic screen where poi distances change while you actually view the screen.

You can Navigate to-->POI-->POI along route-->(select category)-->you'll see a listing of specific pois with the distance shown as the crow flies, not driving distance. The symbol to the left of each listing shows green (or blue) if on route, yellow if the specific poi requires a small deviation from the given route and red if the poi requires a large deviation from the route.

When you tap one of the items, you'll see its location on the route along with info such as address and phone number, if available. You'll also see arrows on the map where you can scrool back to a previous poi or ahead (in the list) to a different poi.

Thanks dhn.

I have the on-line User Manual. It is silent about the the Yellow and Red symbols!

Using your instructions and not driving, I can get the TT POI information needed. My first impression is that it seems to require too many screen changes. I'll give it a try in real-time.

I guess I will become comfortable with the TT POI display; my old nuvi 360 gives a POI table with 3 or 4 screen punches that display directional arrows and that updates the distance from GPS.

Thank you again.

Ask a Question