display issue on cold boot

TomTom Model(s)
One IQ Routes
When starting my Tomtom One IQ Routes The screen is off centre and with limited colours as pictures show below.

27122009028.jpg

271220090172.jpg

All options and maps etc will display like this until I restart the device for the 2nd time, typically if I restart within 1-2 mins it will start OK and run as normal. as shown below.

27122009035.jpg

27122009025.jpg

when I first got it, it seemed ok and I made sure it worked and could locate etc. I connected it to TT home to update it all before having it wrapped up for xmas. Now I noticed shortly after opening and playing with it this issue. I am presuming it is a Software/update problem?

I have emailed tomtom a support enquiry to resolve this but am looking at a few days for a possible respones dues to seasonal holidays.

Found a similar post on here resulting to application ver: 9.022 causing similar issue and going back to previous solved it. I am running 9.025 and am not keen on going backwards when the whole points of these updates is to improve the device.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-one-xl-xxl/19764-9-022-firmware-corrupted-my-display.html

As this would seem to be a possible software glitch it must be common? So am concerned that even a replacement would do the same thing???

any solutions to overcome this issue much appreciated. I have reset device, restored it, reset etc and still no joy. not sure on how to go back a software version so I hope this option is a last resort..

Many thanks..

I don't know whether this will help or not. you could try to remove the application completely from the unit, connect to Home and have it download the application again. Perhaps some file became corrupt the first time.

Give TomTom a ring on 0845 161 0009 and get the unit repaired under warranty as thats not a software fault, more probably is a screen fault of the ribbon cable to the screen within the device its faulty and will only get worse given time - Mike

Called tomtom and it is solved, reverted back to the original firmware, they said they have never come across this issue before, however I hope they resolve it in future updates. There are a few things appearing different in the newer type than what I am running now. At least it is all as should be. thanks.

Same problem on mine

Hi,

I had the exact same problem with the same model ONE for Europe. Opened it on Christmas day and it switched on fine a few times. Updated it via TomTomHome the next day and then noticed that on start up the screen was off centre and in gray scale only as per the photos above. A restart would then fix it until a later start, but only after it had been switched off for a while, an hour or so usually.

I exchanged the TomTom at the shop and then contacted TomTom who were very helpful but thought it something strange with the device I had rather than a software fault, as it looked to me. I have since updated the new device using TomTomHome and so far it looks ok but will test over the next few days. Running version 9-025 as per the original poster, so hopefully this is now ok but not sure why unless some units have a strange fault that gives rise to this issue.

Adrian

Ask a Question