Disk on TomTom 130 write-protected?

Hoping someone can help me. When I connect my TomTom 130 to my computer and open Home, it gives me and error message that says "Your memory card is write-protected. Please remove the write protection".

It won't allow me to update the GPS.

I've tried soft and hard resets with no effect

Disk is full and I can't remove anything

The plot thickens ... I can't install the Clear Flash thing. It says my memory disk is full. When I try to use the Remove Items from the Home software, it doesn't allow me to remove anything ... probably because the disk is write-protected.

HELP

Does your device have a memory card or is it just using internal memory?

Connect it to the computer and shut down Home, start up Windows Explorer and use that to find the drive letter associated with the TomTom, right click the drive letter of the TomTom device then select "Properties" a pie chart will show you information about capacity and available space, what does it say is spare capacity? - Mike

Does the Tomtom function normally on its own when not plugged into your Mac?

It's possible your usb jack on the Tomtom is going bad, or you've got a problem on your Mac. Try it on a friend's computer (with a different USB cable) to rule out everything but the Tomtom.

If you're still having issues, you may need warranty repair.

Ask a Question