Dirt Roads?

WAM

My new 740 directs me over dirt roads locally when paved roads are available. What's the best way to handle that. Can it be "taught" which roads to use in the future?

Thanx. But it won't know which roads are dirt/paved, because some have been paved just recently and more soon will be. So I'm assuming I will have to do it manually somehow.

You can use mapshare to block a road (select an unpaved one) and not offer to share the change with anyone. From then on, routing won't use that road.

Can I only block a part of a road...like between two points? Otherwise "home" will be unreachable. That because roads out here have dirt and paved sections.

I'll go read up on mapshare, thanx.

Mapshare does NOT make it easy to block just a segment of a road.

That said, read the information here provided by Supermod, mikealder, on tips to make life somewhat easier

Mapshare does NOT make it easy to block just a segment of a road.

You're not kidding.
They just blocked another section of Altona Rd, Pickering, ON for two months (They had actually finished the construction of the first part 2 days before schedule!)

I just sent it to Map Share but I ended up making two separate reports between cross roads as it wouldn't let me extend one or the other to the full length.

Maybe next time instead of using On map I'll pick the corner house numbers with Google and use By name.

Ask a Question