Directions List

I recently purchased a XL 335 SE to replace an ancient garmen that I had been using and noticed immediately that this model does not contain a "list" of directions to get to the desired location, a feature even my 10+ year old garmen had. I realize that i can use the map feature to visually see the roads that I am taking ahead of time but i would prefer to see a list in writing. Does this model contain this feature or is there some way to get this feature?

If that model comes with the 'simplified' menu, you do not have that functionality.

But once the route is planned, in the summary screen, tap quickly on the version number on the bottom right of the screen followed by a quick double tap on the top right of the screen and you should be offered a route demo screen.

If ot has full menu functionality, then in the route summary screen, click 'details' and you have choices there, including Browse as text.'

Last edited:
Once a route has been planned, tap the section of the screen that tells you the times and signal strength etc. That the map summary screen. Then tap Details which on my model is on the lower left side of the screen. You'll now have multiple options for different ways to view your route.

The first selection is Browse as text. That will give you your list of turn by turn directions.

There are also some other neat features that are rarely used on the screen. Such as route demo which will virtually drive the route for me. Or browse as imagines which will show you your list with pictures of the turns, which imo is kind of silly since its just lines but whatever...

Once a route has been planned, tap the section of the screen that tells you the times and signal strength etc. That the map summary screen. Then tap Details which on my model is on the lower left side of the screen. You'll now have multiple options for different ways to view your route.

The first selection is Browse as text. That will give you your list of turn by turn directions.

There are also some other neat features that are rarely used on the screen. Such as route demo which will virtually drive the route for me. Or browse as imagines which will show you your list with pictures of the turns, which imo is kind of silly since its just lines but whatever...

"Details" isn't available on the summary screen on Easymenu devices.

"Details" isn't available on the summary screen on Easymenu devices.
I'm starting to think we should pin a huge note to the top of all -- warning potential buyers to the effect "If you need any of the following features, avoid the following units which employ the new Easymenu structure". Sigh.

Ask a Question