Did The Guy In Best Buy Lie About my TT one

Hi

I live in europe and purchased a TomTom one USA/Canada From Best Buy in the USA.

When I was buying it the guy in the shop told me that the maps where built into the memory. I said cool but is there still an sd slot for adding maps, he said yes.

Now to get to the point I haven't opened it yet but from what I've been reading it sounds Like if the maps are in memory there is no sd slot.

Am I correct.

that's what i thought too when i received my tomtom, but i notice that there is a slot, just no sd card. maps are preinstalled onto the internal 1gb hdd.

From what I understand most versions of the One have an SD slot. The only one that doesn't is the brand new slim version that came out recently. For instance, the one I bought yesterday has internal memory with the maps and everything on it, and no SD card installed. But, it does have a slot for a card if needed.
So, I think you are probably ok with what you got!

patrick

What is the first character of the serial number?

Now to get to the point I haven't opened it yet but from what I've been reading it sounds Like if the maps are in memory there is no sd slot.

Am I correct.

The release of yet another "Edition" of the ONE occurred in late-August. It is referred to as the "TomTom ONE 3rd Edition", and does NOT include a card slot. Hence the necessity to know the serial number of the unit in question.

If the first alpha character of the serial number is not an "E" or "Z", the unit will likely be the slot-less 3rd edition. Note... The serial number is clearly visible on a sticker that is attached to the exterior of the packaging it comes in.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I decided to open it can't bring it back now any way. But yes it has a slot. I would have been devisated if it didn't.

Sd slots all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

TomTom ONE Serial Number -> Features

Hi

I live in europe and purchased a TomTom one USA/Canada From Best Buy in the USA.

When I was buying it the guy in the shop told me that the maps where built into the memory. I said cool but is there still an sd slot for adding maps, he said yes.

Am I correct.

Depends on version. I just got this info from TomTom Support:
Serial starts with E - Original - Requires SD Card
Serial starts with Z - 2nd Edition - Optional SD Card (when inserted replaces internal 1GB memory)
Serial starts with Y - 3rd Edition - No SD Card slot or bluetooth.

Are there any other differences to be aware of?

Ask a Question