Map update, almost did'nt happen

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I have an XL340TM, plugged it into HOME for the first time in a couple of months. Low and behold, it was offering an application update, mapshare updates, quick fix updates and the latest free 8.65 map.

I figured I won't try to update them all at the same time, so just checked the application, quick fix and mapshare updates (although I probably could have not bothered with the mapshare/quickfix).

The application update was well under way, when it stopped and advised there was an "internal error" and could go no further. I figured, oh great, here we go.

I tried again, checking only the application and then a box popped up stating there was a new version of HOME and I should DL it first. Did that with no prob, tried the application update again, and by-golly it worked.

I downloaded the new map with no problem, then hit update my unit and it did pick up a bunch of mapshare updates.

The only thing now is that the "operate my One" does'nt work, it says my unit does not support that feature, yet it did prior to the updates.

Anyhew, that is my experience.

Cheers

LOL, I was going to do that this morning, but can't recall the full number. I won't see the 340 for a week or two as it is in my daughters car.

Cheers!

I suspec it updated to app 9.061.

The first time after an update, you have to disconnect the Tomtom from the computer and wait for it to fully boot to the map screen. Then plug it back in and Operate My XL should work.

Ask a Question