Dash Mount

I just got a Nav-Mat yesterday. My friend got the Garmin friction mount for his Nuvi and after seeing it, I searched for one for the TomTom. I had an Amazon gift card so I just got it there for $29 but I'm sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere.

I have a One 2nd ed. and it works great. The Nav-Mat itself is bigger than it appears in pictures - about 8" diameter. Just to see how non-skid it was, I sat it on the steep angled side of my instrument cluster and it only moved when I made a very sharp turn. It slid to the flatter part of the dash and stayed there the rest of the way.

When I position it on a relatively flat part of the dash to start, it does not move at all even in sharp turns, hard braking, etc.

When done, I can hide the mount under my seat, no tell-tale ring or mount left on the windshield.

I can also position it close enough that I can actually reach it without having to lean or stretch.

Overall, color me impressed.

I wasn't thrilled with the suction cup for the Jeep Wrangler, I picked up an Arkon TTOXL128 it has a triangular base with a 3m self adhesive pad or screws, I usesd the pad and this thing works great! The coin change space (really the spot where the $1000 Jeep gps would fit if I ordered one) is a perfect spot,the One XL-s fits with the bottom edge just above the top of the dash, its rigid and has a lot of locking adjustments. $19.95 and very happy.
Just my two cents (actually 5 cents the left over from the mount price)
Joe

I'm thinking of using this mount also. What are the dimensions of the triagular base?

Windshield mouting banned

What's reason for the ban in some states?

Thanks for all the insight. I'm concerned that a vent mount will impede the flow of air from the air condiitioner/heater, plus create condensation on the TT. I guess you block the vent that it's connected to. I live in CA so we're not allowed to use windshield mount. After seeing some users clever hardwired locations, I thought about using the sun glass compartment in the roof. It opens down and would provide a secure (at least out of sight) hiding place for the TT when not in use.

The states are California and Minnesota. I assume that it is an issue of blockage of visibility. Whatever it is, I have to work around it. I've ordered a proclip.
I think it's ridiculous because having it at eye level allows you to see it and keep more of your peripheral vision on the road. I like it just below the rear view mirror. What about the "Nav-Mat" that sits on the dash? Are those unlawful?

Ask a Question