Customer Service

I don't know if it's normal but it took 8 days for them to answer my last email. Then it was just one of those canned responses (try to reset the device). I think they're swamped with the new program issues and the new x30 units

I called them yesterday on the 4th and there was someone to help me and I didn't have to wait on hold that long either.

They don't have a particularly large e-mail staff. If you have the patience, it's faster to just call them, even in the instance where you have to sit on hold for 20 minutes. Just remember to be patient - if you're sitting on hold, it means that everyone there is taking back-to-back calls. :]

Well, finally got a reply from June 28, but it did not answer my original question, so I repeated it again. Perhaps I sent them too much information, some customer service people tend to only read the first couple words and hit a canned response. I will have to check to see what hours they are available for phone calls and make arrangements to call.

I got this in May so the 30 days has now passed but the free maps for one year still apply and customer service says "ALL I need to do" is select "Latest Map Guarantee" from the TomTom HOME software, but that option states my CurrentMapVersion=710.1576 is the latest version yet in the menu to buy maps it shows 7.20 is the latest available for North America - it does give me the option to purchase it. It's frustrating as time runs out - already lost the first 30 days selecting "Latest Map Guarantee" and always getting the "you have the latest versions of maps" results

Last edited:
I would call them - I bought on July 4th and called them July 5th. They had me fixed up with new map that same afternoon.

Rick

Ask a Question