An Outstanding Customer Service Experience?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
I just received my third replacement Go 704 LIVE in three months, and when I opened the box I noticed something that I must have overlooked before:
TomTom's Call Center has been recognized by J.D. Power and Associates for providing
"An Outstanding Customer Service Experience"

Considering that my LIVE services stopped working properly about 6 weeks ago, and I was without my device for two weeks because replacing perfectly functional hardware appears to be their only remedy for a software problem on their end, I have to ask: is this claim based on an average rating using some statistically valid sample, or just a one time occurrence?

Once I get this thing charged up and get through my requisite support call to get my map subscription and LIVE services transferred over to the new device, I'll revive the thread where that's been discussed.

That's survey's been around for years. I think JD power rates things like how friendly phone support is, how quickly they answer their calls, hours of operation, etc.

From my experience with cell phones, it isn't supposed to rate the quality of the product itself - just customer service on the product. T-mobile has had the highest rating for almost a decade, despite having one of the weakest networks. T-mo is quick, courteous, and helpful when you call.

I've found Tomtom cs to be generally very quick, courteous, and helpful. Often we know more than their knowledge base does (especially on the most complex issues), but I suspect their knowledge base allows them to answer the vast majority of their questions accurately. So (especially with what I hear about the competition's call centers), I'm not surprised if Tomtom rates among the top of the pack.

Ask a Question