Custom POI Warnings - Macros?

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740, GO 1535, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, GO Discover, TomTom Bridge
This isn't a specific 720 question, but since that's what I own and use...

I have just started using text based POI warnings. The computer voice does quite nicely with the pronunciation of these. However, by using a custom warning instead of one of the two "canned" warnings that just use the name of the POI file, I sacrifice the distance-to-POI information in the spoken warning.

OK, TomTom exotica buffs ... are there any macros known that can be used in the creation of custom text POI warnings? An example, although entirely made up, might be

STARBUCKS AHEAD %d

where the %d might be interpreted as the distance information to be appended to the spoken text.

Is anyone aware of an option of this nature???

This isn't a specific 720 question, but since that's what I own and use...

I have just started using text based POI warnings. The computer voice does quite nicely with the pronunciation of these. However, by using a custom warning instead of one of the two "canned" warnings that just use the name of the POI file, I sacrifice the distance-to-POI information in the spoken warning.

OK, TomTom exotica buffs ... are there any macros known that can be used in the creation of custom text POI warnings? An example, although entirely made up, might be

STARBUCKS AHEAD %d

where the %d might be interpreted as the distance information to be appended to the spoken text.

Is anyone aware of an option of this nature???

I believe you can 'mix and match' using a computer voice to sound warnings and a regular voice for other items.

I believe you can 'mix and match' using a computer voice to sound warnings and a regular voice for other items.
Wouldn't quite serve this purpose, since I'm trying to get the computer voice to use the text I apply in addition to giving me the distance to the POI.

However, I've been doing some reading, it it appears that it is possible to play some very interesting games with duplicate POI files. Proximity to the same POI found in two files could work, but I need to be sure of this. One could select the radio button to produce the computer voice text message associated with one file, and the radio button that produces the computer voice distance information (along, as I recall, with the filename of the POI) with the other. One POI, two messages. Hmmm...

Would still be nice to be able to embed the distance request in the text, though, and just deal with a single POI file.

Still...

Ask a Question