No custom POI icons

Hi. For some reason, the custom POI icons, ie the golden arches for a McDoanld's, stopped displaying on my iPhone app, when they had before. This happened when I upgraded to the newest version of the app through Apple's App Store. I've tried removing the app and then putting it back on to the phone and even doing a full restore on the phone. Neither of these worked and I'm still getting the generic POI icons for everything. My iPhone is the 4S and I'm on the latest update of the OS. Also, for point of reference, the version of the app I'm using is the USA and Canada app. Has anyone had this happen to them and, if so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks for any help you can provide.

The issue you are having *might* have an answer in this (older) post by Pedro2NR at this link.

Can you confirm: have you gone to: Change Settings>Map>POI Types and the custom POI was NOT listed, or was it there but NOT checked "ON"?

Actually, I ended up emailing TomTom support and just got a response from them. According to them v1.9 of the app does not allow for custom poi icons on the iPhone 4S. Honestly, I find that pretty disappointing that v1.8 allowed it on my old 3GS.

Thanks for the feedback!That's disappointing news, but not too surprising when upgrades take away favorite options. Seems to happen more often than not!

Ask a Question