Custom POI Issue

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
I exported some point from Google Earth as KML files. I converted the KML's to OV2 files using TYRE. I copied the new OV2 files to the maps folder (USA_and_Canada).

The POI's show up in the list of POI's but when I select one, I get an error that says "No POI Found."

Any idea what is going on? It also seems like some one or two of them work but others do not. I have tried naming them without spaces (using underscores), shortening the name, and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas? I really would like this to work. I read somewhere that this is a bug with the ONE 3rd Gen. I also read that it could be patched, not easily, but it was possible. I am interested in any solution at this point.

Thanks,
Doug

TomTom ONE 3rd
App: 8.010 OS: 190943
Map: 715.1712
GPS: 1.21 Boot: 5.5001

What was the category name you created when you made the ov2 file?

I cannot figure out how to add a category. The TomTom ONE appears to be missing the "Manage POI" menu. Can I do this in TYRE?

I am new at this so sorry if my questions are pretty entry level.

Thanks,
Doug

Here's some additional information. I removed the Custom OV2 files from the Maps folder. I am still seeing many of the custom POI's in on the TomTom when searching. However, when I select them it says they cannot be found.

Basically, it sounds like the they are registered in a database somewhere on the TomTom but the OV2 files that are being referenced no longer exist.

How can I clear this cache or manually remove these custom entries and start over?

When I do start over, should I be letting TYRE copy these to the TomTom or copying them manually to the maps folder?

Thanks,
Doug

Nothing to be sorry for.......

Hopefully others with more knowledge in this area will be around to give you proper answers very soon. I just know that on my Go (720), Preferences-->Manage poi's is on the second screen.

Does your model have an option to show more menu options? If so, maybe you can set it to do so if not already done.

You can also send a pm to one of our members, mikealder, who I guarantee you will ba able to help.

You can also send a pm to one of our members, mikealder, who I guarantee you will ba able to help.

You can send a PM but an answer here might be a better option:

The One Third Edition has a crippled menu system, both Itinerary and the full POI menus have been removed, you cannot get the Itinerary function back unless you are running very early Navcore on the device, but it is possible to get the full POI menu on the One Third Edition by running a custom menu which will put the missing POI option on the unit (and better still it works).

If you want to try this post back for more details unless you know how to create/ install a custom menu? - Mike

You can send a PM but an answer here might be a better option:

The One Third Edition has a crippled menu system, both Itinerary and the full POI menus have been removed, you cannot get the Itinerary function back unless you are running very early Navcore on the device, but it is possible to get the full POI menu on the One Third Edition by running a custom menu which will put the missing POI option on the unit (and better still it works).

If you want to try this post back for more details unless you know how to create/ install a custom menu? - Mike

I do not know how to create a custom menu, but I can probably google it. I am interested in getting this menu on my ONE. Thanks for the quick reply!

-Doug

I posted up some instructions on This page, I think they are around the fifth post from the top of page two, follow those and see how you get on - any questions please ask - Mike

I posted up some instructions on This page, I think they are around the fifth post from the top of page two, follow those and see how you get on - any questions please ask - Mike

Ok, I followed your instructions and I have the new menu. Now, how do I get these POI's that in the list out of the TomTom? The OV2 files are no lnoger on the TomTom device. I removed them from the maps folder. They still must be registered somewhere.

Would running a restore factory defaults fix this?

Once I get them removed, how should I be adding these? If I use TYRE to convert the KML to OV2, should I then manually copy the file or use TYRE somehow? How is the category assigned....manually through the new tomtom menu?

Thanks,
Doug

With the full POI menu available you can add/ delete POI entries or entire categories on the device, if you want to use POI files that you created using Tyre then you need to add the files to your currently active map folder.
You could e-mail me one of your POI files for me to check the format if you want? - Mike

With the full POI menu available you can add/ delete POI entries or entire categories on the device, if you want to use POI files that you created using Tyre then you need to add the files to your currently active map folder.
You could e-mail me one of your POI files for me to check the format if you want? - Mike

Mike,

I will email you one of my POI files. However, here is the current scenario:

I have about 20 custom poi's showing up in the poi list. I the ov2 files have been deleted from the device at this point through windows explorer. They are still showing up in the poi list on the tomtom. I cannot manage them though. If I select "Edit POI" or "Delete POI" it displays a message that says "No POI found!"

Any thoughts on how to clear this?

Thanks,
Doug

When I get home and check the file you sent I will answer, currently I am enjoying a pint of Guinness sat outside my local pub! - Mike

Ask a Question