Correcting POI's (via a map view)

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Hi all,

I've read all the discussion about POI's and how accurate (or not) they are, and let's face it, if we don't correct these via MapShare, nobody will.

I know how to correct POI's (postions, name, etc) through my TT720 one at a time, onscreen. One word....TEDIOUS. I can see by browsing the map, that within 3 miles of me, a lot of the POI's are just off.

My question is: Is there a way to edit/correct POI's locations NOT using the actuall TT itself?? Say for instance, if I could see all the Jamba Juices in my area on a "google style" map...then I could just drag each pinpoint/icon to it's correct position, save it, and go.

Correcting POI's on the go is fine for one here or there, but when you have 50 to correct, it's a pain in the butt to use the TT device for each one.

Thanks!
Darren

Hi all,

I've read all the discussion about POI's and how accurate (or not) they are, and let's face it, if we don't correct these via MapShare, nobody will.

I know how to correct POI's (postions, name, etc) through my TT720 one at a time, onscreen. One word....TEDIOUS. I can see by browsing the map, that within 3 miles of me, a lot of the POI's are just off.

My question is: Is there a way to edit/correct POI's locations NOT using the actuall TT itself?? Say for instance, if I could see all the Jamba Juices in my area on a "google style" map...then I could just drag each pinpoint/icon to it's correct position, save it, and go.

Correcting POI's on the go is fine for one here or there, but when you have 50 to correct, it's a pain in the butt to use the TT device for each one.

Thanks!
Darren
go to teleatlas.com. they make the maps tomtom uses, and likely the poi is wrong there, too. They have a map correction format that is similar to tomtom's

Ask a Question