Moving Stores & Correcting Roads

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Edition
I'm a brand new TomTom One 3rd edition owner and having lots of fun with it. But I have a couple questions. No doubt these have been asked many times before, so I'm sure someone has canned answers for them!! :eek: I've noticed a couple wrong items in my mapping and I wonder how to fix or correct them.

Eg. my current mapping shows an old route to a new road that has opened and the old route has now been closed. My TomTom shows me out in the woods. Is there a way I can drive and mark the new road and delete the other one??

Also in several cases some gas stations and a couple major retailers have closed at one location and moved to a new location. How do I edit the old location to reflect the new address?

Thanks

Carolyn

Also for Geo-caching?

Also, can we use our TomTom One 3rd for Geo-caching? A sport we just discovered reading about our GPS on the internet. Does our TomTom handle LOC, GPX or KML files or do we need something to convert or we just can't do it with our GPS Unit?

Thanks

Carolyn

I'm a brand new TomTom One 3rd edition owner and having lots of fun with it. But I have a couple questions. No doubt these have been asked many times before, so I'm sure someone has canned answers for them!! :eek: I've noticed a couple wrong items in my mapping and I wonder how to fix or correct them.

Eg. my current mapping shows an old route to a new road that has opened and the old route has now been closed. My TomTom shows me out in the woods. Is there a way I can drive and mark the new road and delete the other one??

Also in several cases some gas stations and a couple major retailers have closed at one location and moved to a new location. How do I edit the old location to reflect the new address?

Thanks

Carolyn

I believe you can block roads on some tomtom devices but I don't know about that one. With Mapshare (if available on your device) you can basically inform tomtom about a road change but that probably won't be reflected until new maps are issued.

On my 920, yesterday I was able to move a poi for a restaurant to its more proper location across the street - I think it was under a CorrectMap type button on the screen.

Most car-oriented devices are not very good off-road but I don't know about your device. Also battery life might not get you there and back!

Map Share requires map version 675 or later as well as application version 7. In addition to this, I believe you also need Tomtom Home version 2 or later.

At this point, I know that application version 7 is not available for all devices, but Tomtom is working to release application 7 versions for all products that CAN handle the updates. This means that some older devices may never get version 7 support.

Correction of roads are not reflective immediately on the device (ie/ using MapShare to correct the map &/or going to TeleAtlas to note a map correction).

However, corrections to POIs are reflected on the device immediately, to move a POI, you can just go to Edit POI and move it on the map, or alternatively you can delete one POI and add the POI new again.

There is a thread about correcting POIs:
Look here

--Phil

Ask a Question