Self correcting..?? GPS Versus NA7.10

TomTom Model(s)
Go720 (3rd unit...2 stolen)
I have noticed on more than one occasion, that when driving on a route (no trip planned), it will show my vehicle being off the highway by sometimes up to 250metres to either side of said hwy. There will be a slotted set of lines going from my vehicle icon to the hwy along with the arrow showing which side of the hwy I am on and of course the distance away from the hwy.

Is this a case of Tomtom correcting the data while I drive..?? Seems the map and the actual GPS info are not always in sync.

cheers,

stk

Same problem

I had the same problem a few days ago. My unit had an offset of about 100 M in the north west direction. If I traveled south east the position was about 100m short of the intersections. If I traveled south west the position was about 100m north of the road. I tried the software reset to factory defaults but it did not help. When I got home I restored the data from a previous backup and the problem went away.

I don't know what happened but I would like to know.

I had the same problem a few days ago. My unit had an offset of about 100 M in the north west direction. If I traveled south east the position was about 100m short of the intersections. If I traveled south west the position was about 100m north of the road. I tried the software reset to factory defaults but it did not help. When I got home I restored the data from a previous backup and the problem went away.

I don't know what happened but I would like to know.

There is some feeling that a Quickfix download from about a week ago was faulty and caused the location 'drift' that many users with different tomtom models started reporting.

It appears that further quickfix from about last Saturday resolved the problem; at least, the reports seemed to stop.

Well, maybe you're restore contained data from a correct quickfix and that is how your problem got resolved. Maybe.:eek:

Interesting...

I guess I shall have to wait till I travel that particualr road again...'bout a month and half from now.

Hopefully It will not happen again.? We shall see. Still an amazing pce of tech that has already helped me out on more than one occasion....& I don't get lost...just confused at times.!:D

Rgds,

stk

I thought that the GPS fix was just suppose to tell the TT roughly where you are so it has a starting point in determining where you are on start up similar to how the predictive system works on the 920 when in a tunnel or whatever...I could be wrong though

Ask a Question