Connecting Motorola MOTORIZER Z6TV

TomTom Model(s)
Has anyone had any experience pairing a Verizon Motorola Z6TV to their TT720? If so, do you have any advice? I had a Motorola E815 that worked fine before. The Z6TV starts to pair, asks on and off if I want to connect to TT720, and gets about 40% done when it fails. I believe I'm doing the same procedure as I did with the E815. The E815 allowed me to make and receive calls and pulled in my phone book. I realize I won't have data capability, which isn't that important to me. Thanks for your help.

It looks like you are trying to "pair" for data. Try pairing for bluetooth instead and see if it works. I have had no problems with the Z6c, which is basically the same as the Z6tv.

Still can't connect to Motorola Z6TV

I'm still having problems. I turned off the data function on the 720 so it would pair to voice only. I set the Z6TV to bluetooth on and set it to discoverable. Then I have the 720 search for phone. It asks if I want to connect to Motorola phone and I say yes. It gets to 20% and asks for password, which I put in as 0000. The phone goes through several iterations of asking to connect to TT720 and I select yes each time. The 720 gets to 40% and then says it failed during connection, do I want to try again. If I select yes, it does the same thing.

Is there something I am missing? How did you pair it to your Z6c?

I appreciate your help! Thanks.

Here is how I did it, if memory searves me right.

Put phone on bluetooth discovery mode
Enable TT for bluetooth and press Connect to BT device
It will begin searching.
I then saw the mac nu,ber for the TT show up on my phone, asking if I wish to pair, if you say yes, you will be asked to input the PIN, which is 0000.

Thats it, although I must say that if I recall, you may not get the TT to say it is connected or found a device, but, you after a few tries, I did get it and I remember naming the phone, not sure as part of the process or later on .

GIve it another try, if you have been doing it differently. I hope it works. If not, I wil be happy to try and precisely duplicate the steps by first removing the pairing and strating from scratch.

Good luck

It works!

mam,

I followed your steps and it works. The only thing I did different was exit out of the bluetooth menu when it said it had connected. After that step, it advanced past 40% and completed the process.

Thank you.

Ask a Question