Connecting an iPod to a 730

TomTom Model(s)
Hello Again,

If I purchase the iPod connect cables, what do I get and how do I get audio IN to the TT unit? I only see an audio out port on the TT. How does the audio get IN in the first place?

Thanks,
Otto

from what it looks like, the audio port is like an stereo input. i don't think the audio ever necessarily goes in our out of the tomtom; the information goes back and forth from the tomtom & ipod and you play the music through the car speakers.. right?

not sure that's it

The 730 has an audio out port. If you hook up via mini-plug patch cable from that audio out to your car speakers (via direct input plug on the dash board, or (as I have) a cassette adapter) the TT's spoke directions will come thru the car speakers (assuming you set speaker preferences to this option). So the port on the TT is a audio OUT port.

The manual says to plug the iPod connect cable into the iPod and into the windshield dock (what does that mean?... what's the windshield dock?) and to then surf to music and iPod Control. Which in turn asks you to connect your iPod.

Which brings me back to "How?"

If anyone's done this, please help me understand.

Otto

Hello Otto,
The iPod cable inputs to the device in one certain socket. This will allow your iPod to connect to your TomTom allowing you to control the music from your iPod and play the music through the TomTom's internal Speaker.

With the 730, you can either use the FM transmitter or a External audio cable(if you have it) to play the music through external speakers.

Ask a Question