connecting 920 to computer

According to the instructions, to connect the 920 to my computer, I first put it in the docking station and turn it on. When I do that, it doesn't make the connection.

If I turn it on and then put it in the docking station, I get the prompt asking if I want to connect to my computer.

Is there something wrong with my 920?

Nothing wrong. Always turn on before connecting to computer if you want to do more than charge the unit.

According to the instructions, to connect the 920 to my computer, I first put it in the docking station and turn it on. When I do that, it doesn't make the connection.

If I turn it on and then put it in the docking station, I get the prompt asking if I want to connect to my computer.

Is there something wrong with my 920?

No. When you get the prompt, click YES to connect to the computer.

I just tried mine. Kept it off, plugged into the docking station, and then turned it on. It asked "Do you want to connect to 'Computer'?"

I'm using Vista and the software on CD is already installed.

Regards

That's interesting. I had a 720 for a week, and it would turn on when I plugged it into the usb dock. But when I got the 920 it didn't turn on in the dock. At first I thought something was wrong too, but I then decided I liked it better since more often than not, I only want to charge the GPS. The Garmin Nuvi insists on connecting to the compute when you plug it in and I never really liked that.

Ask a Question