Remote not connecting with TT GO 920 (blue flashing light)

Every so often my remote will randomly decide to not connect to my TomTom; the blue light will flash and a connection will never be made. When this happens it usually won't work for the rest of the day but it will start working again later on, also at random.

Unfortunately now it's been 5 days in a row that the remote hasn't connected and I don't know what to do about it. I checked and Bluetooth *is* enabled; I disabled it and then re-enabled it and nothing. I used the "Connect to Bluetooth device" button and it said no bluetooth devices were found. I switched the batteries for brand new ones and nothing. I turned the TomTom off and back on again and nothing. I tried every button on the remote as well as holding down the center button for 20+ seconds and nothing. I have no clue why but for some reason it just will not connect with the device now, even when it's an inch away from the screen. I called TomTom customer service who told me they didn't know why it's doing this and recommended I purchase a new remote (from a third party) for something like $75.00, which I'm not willing to do. I got the TT less than a year ago (Feb 2010) and have only been using the remote since this summer and it's never been dropped or damaged so I don't know what the problem could be and apparently the TT reps don't know either. So does anyone have any suggestions for anything else to try or any insight as to why it's not working?

Reload TT Application software

New to the community, so don't know if this issue has been settle, but I had similar with my 940 yesterday. The solution was to remove the TT application software and reload again. This seem to do the trick.

Last edited:

Ask a Question