Connect 930 to handsfree

Hello.

I'd like to buy a TT950, but I have tried it in the store ant it appears not to work.

I need to connect TT to my bluetooth hands free in order to receive the navigation instructions in my handsfree.

I want to use the "Hi.fi bluetooth device" feature.

This is what I do:

1) I put my bluetooth handsfree in "connect" mode
2) I select TT to use "Hi.Fi bluetooth device"
3) TT start searching and find my bluetooth device.
4) I select my device.
5) TT reports an error. It's unable to connect to device. (TT do not ask me for the passcode "0000")

The Bluetooth device works fine, because I use it with my mobile phone. I have tried to pair my phone and my handsfree again, in order to confirm everything work fine, and it works ok.

I didn't buy the TT950, because I need this feature.

Could you help me?

Thank you

What Bluetooth kit are you using in the car, if its paired to the phone that will probably tie the car device up and not accept another connection, very few Bluetooth car devices can support two simultanious connection to enable a phone to use the HFP profile AND making the A2DP profile available for the TomTom, the iO-Play kit I use does this but AFAIK its not available in the USA other than an e-bay purchase/ specific import.
Turn the bluetooth off on the phone and then try connecting the TomTom to the car kit but your car kit needs to support A2DP for it to work.
There is a work around hack that can be applied to the TomTom which lets it use far more bluetooth devices than intended by the manufacturer but lets try the above before hacking the bluetooth - Mike

What Bluetooth kit are you using in the car, if its paired to the phone that will probably tie the car device up and not accept another connection, very few Bluetooth car devices can support two simultanious connection to enable a phone to use the HFP profile AND making the A2DP profile available for the TomTom, the iO-Play kit I use does this but AFAIK its not available in the USA other than an e-bay purchase/ specific import.
Turn the bluetooth off on the phone and then try connecting the TomTom to the car kit but your car kit needs to support A2DP for it to work.
There is a work around hack that can be applied to the TomTom which lets it use far more bluetooth devices than intended by the manufacturer but lets try the above before hacking the bluetooth - Mike

It's not a car-handsfree, it's a headset.

I disconnected the mobile phone before pair it with TT.

I didn't know it had to support A2DP, I guess that's the problem.

Thank you for your support.

Could you give me more information about how to crack it to allow no-A2DP devices?

There is some information in This thread (different forum) and the first few download links seem to have died, the last page contains some rapid share links which should still work, if not PM me your e-mail address and I should be able to get the original zip file and fire it over to you - Mike

There is some information in This thread (different forum) and the first few download links seem to have died, the last page contains some rapid share links which should still work, if not PM me your e-mail address and I should be able to get the original zip file and fire it over to you - Mike

Thank you very much.

I have downloaded the file but not yet installed because the readme file says that it works only for A2DP devices and my problem is that the device is found by TT but it can't connect I guess because it's not A2DP.

Do you think this patch will work for me?

It probably won't work with non A2DP kit but there is no harm in trying it, make sure you have a full Windows Explorer back up of your device prior to installing the hififix files this way you can always revert back to pre-installation - Mike

Ask a Question