How to connect TT 930 to windshield mount

My new TomTom 930 it has a windshield mount with a suction cup that I cannot figure out how to use. How do i attach the mount to the 930. The mount seems frozen as I cannot move the head at all. In its present configuration , I could not use it as when mounted the 930 is not in my kine of sight.

Thanks,

Tom Casselman
(e-mail address removed)

The mount that the suction cup is attached to does swivel. Yours just may be stiff.

The suction cup is mounted with the plastic tab at the bottom. Try loosening the mount in your hand prior to mounting.

Also, you're not really saying how your trying to adjust it. When I got mine.. MAN I thought the thing was frozen too, but I was only trying to move it in my hands. once I got it attached to the windshield, I was able to move it fine. the extra stiffness ended up being pretty nice because remember the thing "becomes one" with the structure of your car, and every pothole, speed bump.. whatever... is transmitted through what effectively is an inertial fulcrum as your unit dangles on the end of that stick.

If you are only trying to move it in your hands.. try it on a window (side window, front windshield, doesn't matter which). If after you attach it you still cant move it around, then look to see how you might be able to losen it.

Figure 14: TomTom GO 930's Windshield Mount

TomTom's included windshield mount is both simple and effective: once attached to the windshield, the mount forms a ball and socket style joint that allows the GO 930 to be articulated into the desired viewing angle.

IMG_7944.jpg

Figure 15: Windshield Mount, Attached to the GO 930

IMG_7948.jpg

Hope this helps. I got the info from here. I have heard that the mount is not very good and you are not the only one who is having this kind of problem. Good luck, I'm sure you will have got it figured out by now.

I complained to TomTom about that POS mount on my 930, but, predictably, no response. I also have an ancient original TomTom GO. Its mount is FAR superior.

Ask a Question