Computer Voice Options

I just received a 330 XL as a gift and am having a problem with the computer voices.

When I navigate to Change Voice on the device and choose to see US and other English speaking voices, there are several voices available that need to be installed from CD or downloaded. They're listed on the device, but grayed out. There wasn't a CD so I tried using the software, but it doesn't list any of the voices - Ken (Austrailian), Sean (Irish), Kathy (Irish), Paul (New Zealand), Katrina (New Zealand), Jane (UK), Tim (UK). I tried finding them for download on the TomTom site, but can't find them there either. Can somebody tell me where to get these?

I just received a 330 XL as a gift and am having a problem with the computer voices.

When I navigate to Change Voice on the device and choose to see US and other English speaking voices, there are several voices available that need to be installed from CD or downloaded. They're listed on the device, but grayed out. There wasn't a CD so I tried using the software, but it doesn't list any of the voices - Ken (Austrailian), Sean (Irish), Kathy (Irish), Paul (New Zealand), Katrina (New Zealand), Jane (UK), Tim (UK). I tried finding them for download on the TomTom site, but can't find them there either. Can somebody tell me where to get these?

go to tomtom home where it says add maps voices and traffic cameras. Under voices go to computer voices. I use Dave here in the USA. Once you downloaded your computer voice and verified that it works. you can delete any foreign voices from your unit after this. Good luck

If it grayed out then it's not available yet. It must be selectable and in black.
Anyway, I only have Susan.

That's not my issue.

There are voices with a US flag next to them in Computer Voices and I've already deleted the foreign voices. There are other voices listed if you selected to look at more than just the US English voices - from the UK, Irish, etc. They are grayed out and it states that you can download from the CD or site. I can't find those.

If you use Home and goto Add Voices-->Computer voices what ones are listed? If you change the filter at the top of the screen to show 'all' instead of 'default', what ones show? Any you want? If so, select them.

Remember, space WILL be an issue on your device as computer voices take up much more space than a recorded voice will.

The only Recommended ones listed are Samantha and Tom. With Show All there are 4 in either French or Spanish, and 2 in English (US) - Samantha and Tom. What's weird is that on the device it states the voices are either on the CD or the site for download.

Use Explorer to check the contents of your unit. Do you see a Vocalizer folder or a Loquendo? I suspect for your model it may be Vocalizer. If so, that is a different company providing the computer voices than for the Go and higher end (XXL) models.

And I think the ones you see may be the only ones available from Vocalizer.

There's a VocalizerTTS folder so I guess that explains it. I'll see if I can download it from their site. Thanks.

Vocalizer is licensed software customized for Tomtom, I doubt you'll get anything from the vocalizer site.

There are only 2 computer voices per language, 4 total when adding English US + English UK. The rest of the voices you see are recorded voices and can be downloaded in the same place in HOME, just choose recorded instead of computer.

Ask a Question