Computer Voice Editing

I have been following instructions elsewhere in the forum for correcting Loquendo TTS pronunciation issues. However, I find that here in Nevada, USA we have some strangely pronounced streets and communities, and Loquendo still fails to say some names correctly. Funny yes. Correct no.

I also note a bunch of files "Cspeech_NV.dat", "Cspeech_UT.dat" etc.

Does anyone know why those files exist and if they specify particular pronunciation rules (say Via as "VEEEA" and not "V-eye-A" for example) and whether they can be edited?:confused:

Those cspeechXX files are for units that have Voice Recognition, they are not used for text to speech.

Have you tried renaming cphoneme.dat to cphoneme.old to see if pronunciation improves?

Those cspeechXX files are for units that have Voice Recognition, they are not used for text to speech.

Have you tried renaming cphoneme.dat to cphoneme.old to see if pronunciation improves?

To second point. Yep. And am trying to figure out how to get "Piazza Navona", "Via Suzan" and "St Rose" among others to sound right. :)

Probably just because NV has weird streets with semi-French, Italian or Spanish names.

Thanks for the cspeech info, my 740 has voice recognition, but I don't bother with it.

The more I read the forum, the more I find would be nice to have in a User Guide, even one only downloadable in a PDF.

Again many thanks.

Ask a Question