Computer to Rider2 option(s) ???

Brand new to this, so thanks in advance for your help.

Can anyone tell me a way to map out a trip using my PC, then transfer the details of my map to a Rider 2 TomTom unit?

What I am trying to accomplish is work out the details of a trip using desired roads and sometimes avoiding certain roads or areas.

When I spoke with TomTom support, they told me there is a way to do it but it is not supported by them.

I would MUCH appreciate anyone helping me with this information.

Rabbit

You can use Tyre to create routes in google maps/earth and then transfer them to your tomtom.

I noticed recently after updating that Tyre appears as a menu item in Home :confused:

Just worth noting that Tyre provides a set of destination / way points only, not an actual route (well, it provides a route within Tyre (by Google Maps), but that may not be the identical route as what the TT ultimately provides after downloading the points from Tyre. The TT will lead you through the same points, but the roads selected will be influenced by your choice (fastest or shortest etc, etc)

About Tyre

You can use Tyre to create routes in google maps/earth and then transfer them to your tomtom.

I noticed recently after updating that Tyre appears as a menu item in Home :confused:

-----------------

Thank you for telling me about Tyre. Now, I have it installed and find it to be very user friendly and helpful. Using Tyre I've put in a couple of short trip maps to see how it works and so far it seems to be fine. Thank you for your assistance!

Rabbit

Just worth noting that Tyre provides a set of destination / way points only, not an actual route (well, it provides a route within Tyre (by Google Maps), but that may not be the identical route as what the TT ultimately provides after downloading the points from Tyre. The TT will lead you through the same points, but the roads selected will be influenced by your choice (fastest or shortest etc, etc)

---------------

Thank you for this input. Too new with it to yet determine if that is (or will be) a problem, but now that you've mentioned it, at least if it happens then because of your giving me a heads up, it won't be a surprise. Thank you for your input and help. I would be in trouble if it were not for being able to ask for help and get it.

Rabbit

Ask a Question