compatable mobile phones

Hi all can anyone please advise I have a tomtom 920 and 930 and have tried a variety of mobile phones to connect through my tomtom and the phones I have used according to tomtom are supposed to be compatable but I either get the phone to be recognised and the phonebook but not the data side to get services and messages I have raised this on many occaisions with TT technical with no success even to the point of reinstalling software but still get the same it goes to max 65% then says unable to complete data connection.
Is there anyone who has been successful in getting alll through their TT without it freezing or stuttering am at my wits end with this am quite prepared to purchase another phone and providor as LONG AS IT WORKS If anyone out there knows then please let me know

thanking you in anticipation

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
What phone are you trying to use? if its more than one phone list what you have got - Mike

What phone are you trying to use? if its more than one phone list what you have got - Mike
have used the following
sony ericsson W810i
nokia 6600i
Cant remember the rest all on T-Mobile all I know is all the phones I have used were on t-mobiles fully compatable listing and every one of them takes phonebook recognises the phones but the data connection no and I get it freezing result end up resetting it with a paper clip
History
I need the hands free as am doing courier work

many thanks for your help
Don

Do you have tethering enabled on the phone side?
Does your account support tethering?
Does the phone you are using support tethering?

have used the following
sony ericsson W810i
nokia 6600i
Cant remember the rest all on T-Mobile all I know is all the phones I have used were on t-mobiles fully compatable listing and every one of them takes phonebook recognises the phones but the data connection no and I get it freezing result end up resetting it with a paper clip
History
I need the hands free as am doing courier work

many thanks for your help
Don
I would just forget it an buy a cheaper bluetooth earpiece instead.

Hi guys tethering thats a new one never heard of that before I have been on to T-mobile they sent a file to the phones and still no joy all my settings have been checked also with regards to buying bluetooth headset defeats the purpose and more expense with buying the TT
Surely there must be someone out there with a TT and a phone that works?

regards

Don

Hi all can anyone please advise I have a tomtom 920 and 930 and have tried a variety of mobile phones to connect through my tomtom and the phones I have used according to tomtom are supposed to be compatable but I either get the phone to be recognised and the phonebook but not the data side to get services and messages I have raised this on many occaisions with TT technical with no success even to the point of reinstalling software but still get the same it goes to max 65% then says unable to complete data connection.
Is there anyone who has been successful in getting alll through their TT without it freezing or stuttering am at my wits end with this am quite prepared to purchase another phone and providor as LONG AS IT WORKS If anyone out there knows then please let me know

thanking you in anticipation

Don

With my 920 I have the Raza2 V9 and it works perfectly with Plus services and bluetooth. My friend has the updated raza and it works perfectly with tomtom also.

First thing - rule out some known issues:
- Downgrade your software per this link.
- Then in HOME go to "manage my GO" and remove "phone connection settings" from both the computer tab and the device tab (if present)
- Then go to "Update my GO", and reinstall the latest "phone connection settings" file. Make sure you do not re-upgrade your app, as you want to remain on 8.302

Then try connecting for data again and see if it improves any.

If you get a list of providers and phone models, try all of the tmobile settings. If none work try manual settings and use the following:

APN:: general.t-mobile.uk
Username: user
Password: pass

Ask a Question