Charging issue

TomTom Model(s)
via 1500
My TomTom Via 1500 was doing fine last weekend when I came back from a location 3hrs away. I plugged it in when I started and we ended at home. Today - nothing. Clearly the device did not charge while I was driving and I didn't know that so today it was totally useless in the car when I needed it - I hate using the phone but had to. So my question here is why is there not a 'charging' battery level somewhere so that I know when the chord in the car is not functioning correctly? Is there one somewhere that I have not found??

So my question here is why is there not a 'charging' battery level somewhere so that I know when the chord in the car is not functioning correctly? Is there one somewhere that I have not found??
There is. If the device is running off battery power, you should see a small battery icon in the lower left corner of your screen indicating a very approximate battery level. If it is receiving power from an external source (like your car), the icon should not be there at all, and the battery should be charging.

Ask a Question