Change registered email address

I've just installed Home for a refurbed GO750 unit I have just purchased.

However the install has picked up a previous registration for a PDA/TT setup I had years ago. I had carefully made sure that the previous version of Home had been uninstalled and expected a clean install. The previous version was registered to an old email address which is now defunct and to which I have no access.

How do I change the registered email address?

Go to the TomTom website and use the green "My TomTom" box at the top right to log in with your old account name (the old email address).

Then, from the same green box, select "Account details" and from there you can change the email address.

Note that the 'email address' you use as an account name doesn't actually need to be a real email address at all. (e-mail address removed) will work fine.

All you will miss out on are endless marketing mailings from TT.

Thanks Andy.

I may not change then. I have enough marketing rubbish hitting me from other sellers.

I suppose you MIGHT also miss a "You are our one millionth customer and have won a million pounds/dollars/Euros" email... :rolleyes:

But I doubt it. :p

To my mind though, it's worth having a completely new account name for EVERY new device you own. In the past there have been plenty of stories about old maps etc. being constantly offered to people who swapped an old account name onto a new device.

Last edited:

Ask a Question