Carminat Sat Nav in Renault Scenic III showing incorrect position

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB

TomTom Model(s)
Renault Carminat
I ran an update on the card out of the Tom-Tom Carminat Sat Nav in my Renault Scenic III yesterday.

I was out in the car later in the day and did not notice anything wrong.

I set out on a longer journey today and soon noticed that the Sat Nav position was about a couple of hundred yards out.

I tried stopping, turning off the Sat Nav, taking the card out then putting back in but still the same.

I have driven about 140 miles but the position is still wrong, I checked against another GPS and the Latitude is the same but there is about nine degrees difference between the two Longitude readings.

When I got to my destination I took the memory card inside and did an update again.

Tried it back in the car but still showing the wrong position.

Earlier the year I had a similar problem though it was showing several miles error. That time it sorted itself out after half an hour or so.

I asked on another site and it was suggested that others have had problems which have been fixed by doing a clock sync. Done numerous clock syncs without there being any change.

Anyone have any ideas?

MB

Try deleting the contents of the ephem folder on your unit and any sub folders found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris\

Then reset your unit using a dedicated reset hole if your model has it or by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Hi,
My Carminat built-in navigation in a Renault III performs the same mistake (and in other threads I noticed that many other TomToms, too). The whole thing started yesterday afternoon. I changed the SD card to an other one (I have a Benelux one and a European one) and the other one, whihc was not updated, performed the same mistake. I do not know how it works, if the navigator copies some files to itself from the card, but certainly yes, otherwise the unupdated card ought to have worked properly in case of a new software mistake.
Cheers
Hope some clever guys will repair what went wrong...

Try deleting the contents of the ephem folder on your unit and any sub folders found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris\

Then reset your unit using a dedicated reset hole if your model has it or by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Bit drastic but will give a try.

I will do a backup of the card first - normally use my desktop but away from home at the moment.

I think I upgraded the maps and also paid for updates so presume they will either not be lost or will download again.

I think the only reset is through the menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question