Caravan / lorry routes?

Hi
Does anybody no if TomTom will release a caravan / lorry route option?
I tow a caravan and I have to be very careful where the TomTom is telling me where to go,
I have been caught out a few times trying to get down very narrow lanes.
Some years ago before I had a sat nav I used the AA route mapping service and it had a caravan option to avoid narrow roads.
I would assume the technology is there for TomTom to offer this option?
Thanks for any info and a Merry Xmas :)[/FONT]

Welcome to TTF.

I'm not aware of any plans for TomTom to release a caravan specific option in any application.

There is a specific division of TomTom called tomtom WORKS that provides a specific application and map geared to, well, Trucks which sets routes.

See here:
TomTom WORK, connected navigation

But most consumers don't use that. Instead, 'avoid highways' or 'avoid unpaved roads' is often selected.

I have been looking for this option on ANY manufacuters sat nav but not found it, does the Caravan Club have any ideas??

TomTom and caravan routes?

I to am very confused by this as I understood that TomTom don't do caravan setting and I am looking round for this functionality and try to decide on a TomTom Go Live 1000 or a Navigon 70 Premium with Caravan routing system, but see this link

TomTom Go 7000 - Caravan & Motorhome edition

As a long term user of TomTom I err on the side of sticking with what I know.

Last edited:
Welcome to TTF.

That model is part of the tomtom WORK division which does indeed have mapping and hardware geared to the caravan/lorry driver.

The link to that division is provided in my earlier post.

Have a watch of This video which shows the "truck" options in use on a device not really intended to use it, it should give you an idea about the Truck/ Work maps/ applications that TomTom supply and it can be set to a profile closely matching a caravan if need be (Appologies for having to listen to my rather dull commentary) - Mike

Ask a Question