New owner promlems - Go 7000 Caravan & motorhome

I have just bought my first TomTom after being a Garmin owner for over 14 years.

I downloaded the current version of HOME and did a backup. I've found the files on my hard drive, so the backup worked.

But I keep seeing this message:-

"This functionality is not yet supported for your combination of navigation device, your device's application version and your computer's operating system."

I am using Windows XP Pro SP3, which is probably the best Windows OS. It's a new TomTom. Using IE8.

It occurs when I select, 'Operate my device' and when sending a location from Google Maps.

Any suggestions.

Welcome to TTF.

Were you offered an extra file to download when you first tried the emulator (Operate my Unit)?

Welcome to TTF.

Were you offered an extra file to download when you first tried the emulator (Operate my Unit)?

No.

I completed a webform message to TomTom and as I clicked on send, received another useless message - there was an error!

So I telephoned TT and they gave me another number to ring as the 'Go 7000 Caravan and Motorhome' product is a business product!

The second number informed me that as it's a business product those features don't work.

OK, I'll accept that some businesses use a caravan or motorhome, but would think that the majority are privately owned.

The lack of those features is not a problem for me now that I know that they are not available.

Also not available for others that might be interested, is that the traffic information is only available via bluetooth. My motorhome has broadband internet, but it's via Wi-Fi (3G modem that links to laptops etc via Wi-Fi.)

Thanks for your swift reply.

So I telephoned TT and they gave me another number to ring as the 'Go 7000 Caravan and Motorhome' product is a business product!
That's because it is a derivation from the TomTom Work products whose firmware and features are specially geared toward managing lorries and other larger vehicles. Height and zone restrictions are a way of life on those models, and those features are modified slightly to create your version.

The second number informed me that as it's a business product those features don't work.
I've never had a 7000 series unit in hand, so cannot say from personal experience whether Home really does have an emulator for your unit. I'd stay after them, but you did get one good piece of advice - the normal 'vehicle' folks aren't that familiar with this series, and you need to ask for someone familiar with "TomTom Work" products as soon as someone picks up on the other end.

No one has found any success running "Operate my GO" on a Tomtom business product.

By the way, Tomtom renamed the TomtomWork product to Tomtom Business.

Ask a Question