Can't switch maps

I have a GO 920 unit in which the battery died. I have replaced it with a GO 730. Since the 920 had European Maps, I want to use its card in the 720. However when I use it and try to switch maps, I still have only the North America option showing up.

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? Thanks

You are not doing anything wrong. Unfortunately, maps are locked to the device first installed on. In other words, you can't get the map you used on the 930 to work on your 730. Sorry.

I have been led to believe that if you contact Tom Tom they can organise for maps purchased from them to be installed on a new replacement Tom Tom device.
I have never done it myself but it is worth contacting them and see if they can help you.
I think it is not much to ask to be able to switch a legally purchased map or maps to a new devise when their original device failed.

You are not doing anything wrong. Unfortunately, maps are locked to the device first installed on. In other words, you can't get the map you used on the 930 to work on your 730. Sorry.
If the OP is prepared to "scrap" his 920 (he doesn't say what he did with it - I'd have replaced the battery!), returning that unit to TT should allow them to switch his maps/subscriptions to the newer unit.

While they'd love to have the extra money, they are more concerned about having their maps proliferated/pirated across a lot of different units. Units that go in for repair and are not repaired but replaced have the maps/subscriptions switched all the time. What is offered is what you already had in place of course, nothing "newer".

That's the approach I'd take with TT.

Ask a Question