can't find poi

hello guys. I have a tomtom one-s and i have a problem. I wanted to find a walmart. I typed in the city where i know one was at but it gives me other cities instead of the city i want. Here is an example. I live in Gallitzin,Pa. I live in between the two cities of Altoona and Ebensburgh. On my tomtom i hit navigate to then hit poi then hit poi in city. I then entered Altoona,Pa. I then hit the shop button then the find button. I type walmart in and it gives me a list. Scroll down the list and find that all the walmarts listed start at ebensburg and keep going west. Why is it not giving me the locations relative to Altoona,Pa? The tomtom even says at the bottom " Relative to Altoona". This happens with Home depot also. Any help would be great. Thanks.

You could try 'any category' and see what pops up. Further, the poi database size on your model is not as large as on the higher end models.

You could try 'any category' and see what pops up. Further, the poi database size on your model is not as large as on the higher end models.

It doesn't make any sence to me that it will not show wallmart in altoona but yet it shows wallmart in 6 other locations. Any way to update the pio data base?

you dan download a very good walmart poi database from

http://poifriend.com/

do a search there for walmart

this will consist of an .ov2 file and accompanying bitmap. copy both of these into you map folder on your tomtom. what you're looking for is probably in this database. 3201 US walmarts are in this file.

I, too, am new to the Tomtoms. But, here's what I found when I was looking at restaurants near me, and some were missing (McDonalds). You can add them. On "Map Corrections" on the Main Menu, correct a map error, then Add missing POI. Now, it's in there (not that I need directions, but at least now I know how to add something if I need to). I guess so long as you know the address, you should be able to add it.

I, too, am new to the Tomtoms. But, here's what I found when I was looking at restaurants near me, and some were missing (McDonalds). You can add them. On "Map Corrections" on the Main Menu, correct a map error, then Add missing POI. Now, it's in there (not that I need directions, but at least now I know how to add something if I need to). I guess so long as you know the address, you should be able to add it.

If you don't know the exact address but know the location you can add that with your TT as well by pointing to map, If you know of several missing locations and would like to add them you can go to Google Maps find city/business and then send to gps select tomtom and as long as your unit is connected to your computer via TT Home it will add the location to your Favourites. This is faster than finding & adding POI locations on your TT.

Then once you have them in your Fav's it is a good idea to edit your POI's and add them there from your saved Fav’s because if you do an application update down the road you will loose your Favourites.

Or if the POI file isn't to big you can use a program like Tyre to edit, reline delete and add new POI’s.

For Tyre (Free Download)

Last edited:

Ask a Question