Cant Find Map??

Hi,
I have a 750 Live without internal storage. I have just downloaded a South African Map which TT Home says is on my device but I cant find it. I looked into the file system and it is sitting on my device showing 64MB but I cant seem to Navigate to the map on my device?:confused:
Can anyone assist me in finding it? It doesnt appear on the Countries list either?

Also, I have about 45 MB of space left on my device so will get a card for it. Can anyone tell me the maximum size it will support and the card type?
Many help in anticipation:thumb:
Piff

I'm guessing you meant "without EXternal storage"?
(I.e. you are using the internal memory and up to now haven't needed an SD card).

As for the missing map....
Sorry if this is obvious to you, but lets get the simple things out the way first....TomToms don't just add the new countries to the view when you add a new map. you have to switch to it yourself.
If you go to Change preferences / Manage maps / Switch map in the menus, is it listed there?
There should be two entries, one for your original map (you don't say where you're based, but I'll guess at the original map being "North America" or "Western and Central Europe" - something like that) and one for the new South Africa map.

If so, just tap on the map name you want to use and the TomTom will switch over to using it.

Andy Hi,
You must have a crystall ball as your right on all counts!
In london and yes, the map was exactly where you said it would be!:D
Many thanks for your help! just have to wait to get to SA to see if it works now!!
Best Wishes
Piff:thumb:

Great! I like it when the simple answer works....

Don't forget you can switch to the SA map any time you like and use "Browse map" to have a good look around.

You can also use "Prepare route" (sometimes called "Plan route") to try out some journeys from A to B befoe you get there and even get it to show you a demo of the route it's calculated - (tap "Details" on the route summary screen to get to the demo function).

Ask a Question