Can't figure out how to...

I've had my TomTom One for a couple years, and I really like it. But how do I program it to do a specific route instead of picking one that it gives to me? Like if I know how to get to someplace and I want to program the TT to take me just a little different way of what is the quickest. When I choose "plan a route" that's exactly what I want to do. I want to program the route, but my TT just gives me the quickest or shortest or whatever. What am I doing wrong?

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone app on 3GS for Western Europe
Once TT has programmed its own route, you can chose Route Options - Find Alternative - Travel Via and then enter a waypoint which TT will have to pass through. Depending upon which TT you have, you may be able to enter several waypoints to force a more difficult route.

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
Go520,720,XL Live, Start60,Go940,950,1000,1005,New500,New5000
The "several waypoints" that Dave mentions at the end of his post is called "Itinerary Planning". Not all TomToms have this but I think yours does.
If so, it it should be on the last page of the main menu.

Ask a Question