Can't figure out how to...

I've had my TomTom One for a couple years, and I really like it. But how do I program it to do a specific route instead of picking one that it gives to me? Like if I know how to get to someplace and I want to program the TT to take me just a little different way of what is the quickest. When I choose "plan a route" that's exactly what I want to do. I want to program the route, but my TT just gives me the quickest or shortest or whatever. What am I doing wrong?

Once TT has programmed its own route, you can chose Route Options - Find Alternative - Travel Via and then enter a waypoint which TT will have to pass through. Depending upon which TT you have, you may be able to enter several waypoints to force a more difficult route.

The "several waypoints" that Dave mentions at the end of his post is called "Itinerary Planning". Not all TomToms have this but I think yours does.
If so, it it should be on the last page of the main menu.

Ask a Question