Can't add anything

Solved the problem. Gluttonboy's "What to do FIRST when you get your Tom Tom" really helped.

Hey all,

I bought a TomTom XL330 yesterday. I tried installing something on it, but couldn't. There's absolutely no room, at all, whatsoever. Couldn't do the software update, couldn't even add any POIs. This model has a 1 GB memory.

Does this make any sense at all? Am I expecting too much from this? Was this model not meant to be customized?

Thanks.

Last edited:
call them up... You shouldn't be having that problem. btw- most of that 1gb is taken up by the map and OS... so it's not like you'll be able to install another map set, or computer voice simultaneously... but it should be able to handle the updates, and more recorded voices, color schemes, etc.

Hey all,

I bought a TomTom XL330 yesterday. I tried installing something on it, but couldn't. There's absolutely no room, at all, whatsoever. Couldn't do the software update, couldn't even add any POIs. This model has a 1 GB memory.

Does this make any sense at all? Am I expecting too much from this? Was this model not meant to be customized?

Thanks.

If you can return it, you should consider doing so. First, cheek the internet for TomToms that have a SD car slot (newer ones will let you use SDHC cards). You are not going to be able to do much with 1 gb.

If you bought at retail (like at Best Buys), you can get much more for your bucks online. Tiger GPS has had like-new refurbished units like the 720 for the same approximate price that retailers have been selling yours.

If you don'r want to go that route, follow jimbo's suggestion.

Ask a Question