740 Live can't see added POI icons while driving..can see on search

TomTom Model(s)
740 Live
no problem adding poi files (ov2 and bmp into North america map)...but....I don't see them while I'm driving past any such loaded place...everything is searchable and I have them checked off as (to see)...even added warning sounds for them as well...(ex) 7 Eleven USA...i can search them, they show up fine, icons and all. When I drive past one..they aren't on the screen.....

What am I missing?

I'm stumped....Help! I love my 740 though...great so far..

You're sure you've set Manage POI, Show on Map and checked the category off?

Also the files ARE in the North_America map folder and not a folder (if you have one) called map?

Also, there is a maximum number of categories that will show (about 150) but you don't want anywhere near that checked off or your screen refresh will be reduced to a crawl---4 or 5 at most.

Finally, where did you get the ov2 file? Perhaps it is corrupt.

Things to consider........

The 150 limit was raised quite a while ago its currently 255 Custom POI Categories for the newer Navcores, otherwise try all the options dhn has suggested, also consider using the Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI and set the device to warn as you approach a POI from within the category selected, this method uses far less processor resources so it doesn't tend to slow the map refresh rate down - Mike

Hmm

I thought I've gone through all these steps.
  • checked off added poi catagory
  • added to the correct folder in system
  • set warning sound for said poi(s)
nowhere near those poi limits..
I did notice after I've done all the adding of poi catagories and goodies (icons), sounds...

the added ones are already checked offwhen I go into manage POI...hmm...and

would a reset of the system..which I've never done yet, will that erase everything I've done?
maybe I should uncheck-- restart--, then recheck it?
wondering if that would do the trick...like I said they come up in searches and things...even when I say to drive to one...routing is right on.....

they just dont appear when driving around....warnings either...........so......reset yet?

Doing a reset (holding the power button for about 10 seconds on your model) will probably cause you to have to reset the time. No other data will be lost. Try it!

correct folders?

well, I've deduced that i can only select a few poi categories at a time..THEN i can see them...any idea why i can't select more?

here's the folders things are in...

thanks!

Attachments

• Selection_002.jpg
    Selection_002.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 448
  • Workspace 1_003.jpg
    Workspace 1_003.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 493
I don't know what to tell you. As I mentioned in an earlier post, having more than 4 or 5 categories set to show at any time on a map slows down the screen refresh anyway.

Ask a Question