HELP : Can't change my e-mail address

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920(T)
Hi guys,

This seemed to be the most appropriate section to post such a question. I'm currently a registered user of this site, and have recently been having problems with my e-mail address.

For this reason, I created a new e-mail address just two days ago. When I log onto TomTom Forums.com and try to change my e-mail address it says the administrator has banned my e-mail address. Now, my account here with my existing e-mail address is in good standing. I've never been reprimanded for spamming anybody or harassing anybody or anything of that nature.

But when I try to change my e-mail address it says my new e-mail address has been banned.

What I don't understand is why? The new e-mail address was available. I had to create it, so it's not like the e-mail address was currently in use by someone else who may have visited this site and started some trouble.

I'm kinda confused as to why this is happening. I've contacted the Administrator about this, and am waiting for a response.

Anybody have any other suggestions? :confused:

I'm not sure what is going on........if you want to send me your new email address in a pm, I will try to change it but I think only the admin can do so. But I'll try.

Your user id certainly is NOT banned from this site. sorry for the hassle.

Hi guys,

This seemed to be the most appropriate section to post such a question. I'm currently a registered user of this site, and have recently been having problems with my e-mail address.

For this reason, I created a new e-mail address just two days ago. When I log onto TomTom Forums.com and try to change my e-mail address it says the administrator has banned my e-mail address. Now, my account here with my existing e-mail address is in good standing. I've never been reprimanded for spamming anybody or harassing anybody or anything of that nature.

But when I try to change my e-mail address it says my new e-mail address has been banned.

What I don't understand is why? The new e-mail address was available. I had to create it, so it's not like the e-mail address was currently in use by someone else who may have visited this site and started some trouble.

I'm kinda confused as to why this is happening. I've contacted the Administrator about this, and am waiting for a response.

Anybody have any other suggestions? :confused:

The last time I moved I needed to change my email address but found out from TT Adm. that you can not change your e-mail address. I had to set up a new account. The problem is that you lose any purchases you made (do an Explorer back-up if you purchased voices). this was several years ago so things may have changed. You may just be able to give TT Adm. a new contact e-mail when there are inquiries.

Wait a minute........think we're talking about 2 different things.

The OP was referring to TomTomforums.com. That is THIS site. Think you're referring to TomTom.com which is the site for TomTom itself. We have no affiliation with that site whatsoever.

You're right...

Wait a minute........think we're talking about 2 different things.

The OP was referring to TomTomforums.com. That is THIS site. Think you're referring to TomTom.com which is the site for TomTom itself. We have no affiliation with that site whatsoever.

...I am referring to this site (not the official TomTom site). I'll send you a PM. I just don't want to have to create a new ID and lose my associated posts. Not that I have many, but still. My posts are my posts. :D

Hopefully you can do this. But where's the Administrator in all this? How come he/she is not posting or acting on this yet? What am I talking about? Nevermind....I'm sure he/she has other things to deal with right now.

Sometimes I can be a bit self-centered. LOL. Ok....time for me to behave and send you that PM.

Thanks everybody. :)

Just my luck...

...I went to send you a PM, and because of my low post count (being 9 posts only), I can't even send you an e-mail (since you're offline right now).

Ahhhhh crap. :mad:

Well, I have to sleep once in a while......:p

I've sent a message to the admin to take a look at the problem.

Thanks dhn.

I just checked my profile, and it still has the old e-mail address. I'm thinking maybe give it up to a week before bringing it up again?

Too soon? What do you think?

I just sent the admin another PM.

Hopefully he/she will get back to me (sooner than later).

Only time will tell. ;)

Hi - Could you let me know the last part of the Email address you are having problems with please? -For example @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.

Due to the problem with spammers on the site i have banned some of the more troublesome free Email accounts.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi - Could you let me know the last part of the Email address you are having problems with please? -For example @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.

Due to the problem with spammers on the site i have banned some of the more troublesome free Email accounts.

Cheers,
Rob

Yes,

the last part of my e-mail address is : @mail.com. Not to sound redundant, but as I mentioned prior I've never been reprimanded nor have I been accused of spamming or anything of that nature.

I have a new e-mail address with the "@mail.com" domain, and it says it's been banned. Can you help change my e-mail address? I realize I can just create a new account btw, but I'd rather keep my existing posts and just update the e-mail address, so I can easily find/reference my previous posts under the search function as "my posts". ;)

robbyyy --- Sorry to pester you, but would you be able to update my e-mail address for me?

Seems I can't even register as a new user with my e-mail address. :(

The system doesn't love me anymore.

Must be all this weight I've put on.

Ask a Question